A charger is no more a standard in-box content. As it happens, Apple disrupted the market with its decision to exclude a wall adapter from the boxes of the iPhone 12 series and the rest of the market is following suit. The stated reason is “ecological/environmental/sustainable”. Now, if you brush it off thinking this pertains to just flagships, know that market leader like Samsung has revealed it might gradually remove charging bricks from all its future phones. So, just like we had to bid adieu to the beloved 3.5mm headphone jack, expect the chargers to face a similar fate. And when that eventuality happens, you better be prepared with some third-party options as the proprietary products are more often than not — damn pricey!
Additionally, you can also decide to grab a new charger for a number of other reasons such as the current charger is lost/damaged/slow. Ergo, here we have curated a list of the best fast chargers you can buy in the country. We have included both wired and wireless options.
Factors to consider while buying a wall charger
- Check the port type on the phone. That is if it is Lightning (iPhones), USB-C (most new Android phones), micro-USB (old and some budget Android phones). Further, for the port on the charger, we recommend going with USB-C (instead of USB-A), to be future-ready. Needless to say, a charger with multiple ports (preferably of varied types), will suit multi-purpose.
- Check the power output of the charger and ensure it meets at least the supported input of your phone. Say, in the case of a new iPhone, pick something with 18W or more. FYI, iPhone 8 and later features fast charging via USB Power Delivery (PD). The recent models facilitate speeds up to 22W. Also, note that despite the higher power rating of the charger, the phone will only take power at the rate it is designed for. So, buying a charger with higher wattage can be a way of future-proofing too.
- It is better to pick a charger that supports the USB-PD standard (which is universally interoperable across a range of devices with USB-C ports and warrants faster speed as well as efficiency).
- GaN (Gallium Nitride) chargers are a newer technology that’s more fast and efficient. You can go with these instead of traditional silicon-based chargers.
- The durability of the brick and especially the cable. If the cable has got Nylon braiding then all the better as it is less likely to tangle/chafe/break. As for the adapter, some come with proper insulation and checks against heat, which is always good for safety.
- It is always advisable to go with a branded product for safety and reliability.
ALSO READ: Best Smartwatch In India: Top 10 Smartwatches To Buy In 2021
Best Wired Chargers to buy in India
These are in no particular order. Find the one that fits your requirement.
- AMX 45W USB-C Power Delivery PPS 3.0 & 17W USB-A 3-Port, compatible with Apple MacBook, USB-C Laptops, iPad, iPhone, OnePlus 7/7T/Pro, Samsung, Pixel Devices, and others — Shop here
- Anker 30W, 1 USB-C Port, compatible with iPhone 12/12 Mini / 12 Pro / 12 Pro Max / 11, Galaxy, Pixel 4/3, iPad Pro (Cable Not Included) — Shop here
- Stuffcool Napoleon PD65W Dual USB GaN wall charger for MacBook Air charger, MacBook Pro charger, ultrabook, iPhones, iPads, tablets, Nintendo switch charger — Shop here
- AUKEY Omnia 65W 2-Port, GaNFast, compatible with iPhone 11 Pro Max SE, Macbook Pro, iPad, AirPods Pro, Pixel 4XL, Galaxy S10, and Switch — Shop here
- RAVPower 61W PD 3.0, GaN Tech, Type C, compatible with MacBook Pro/Air, Ipad Pro 2018, iPhone Xs Max/XR/X, and more — Shop here
Why wireless? Simple, it’s a quality of life improvement. If you feel so, go cord-free!
Factors to consider while buying a wireless charger
- Qi Pad’s form factor, the material it is made of (plastic, leather, and fiber), and whether the design is flat or standing based on your convenience.
- The number of charging coils it supports, which decides the charging surface area as well as the number of devices it can simultaneously top-up.
- Some wireless charging pads will come sans an adapter. This shouldn’t be a problem if you have an adapter already. The only thing you need to confirm is that the power rating of the pad meets the adapter meets the phone.
- A subjective factor would be the look and finish of the wireless pad if you want it to match your indoor decor.
ALSO READ: Best True Wireless (TWS) Earbuds in India: These are top AirPods alternatives in India
Best Wireless Chargers in India: Top Qi chargers in 2021
Again, these are arranged in no particular order. Choose the one that fits your need.
- Anker 10W Wireless Charging Stand, Qi-certified, compatible with Apple iPhones, Galaxy phones, and more, Powerwave (no ac adapter) — Shop here
- Belkin Boost Up Qi (10W) Wireless Charger Pad, compatible with Apple iPhones, Samsung Galaxy phones, and more — Shop here
- Raegr Arc 400 Wireless Charger, Type-C PD Qi-Certified 10W/7.5W [with AC Adapter] 10W for Apple iPhones, 7.5W for Samsung Galaxy phones, and 5W for All Qi-Enabled Phones — Shop here
- Spigen F303W Wireless Charger Fast Qi Certified 10W, compatible with iPhone, Galaxy, OnePlus & Other Qi Devices (Adapter not included) — Shop here
- Yootech F500 Type-C PD Qi-Certified 10W wireless charger, compatible with Apple iPhones, Samsung Galaxy Series, AirPods Pro (Type-C Cable, No Adapter) — Shop here
You can always pick chargers from OEMs like Xiaomi, Samsung, and the rest if they fit your bill. And do suggest us if in case we have missed out on any good products that you know or own. The comment section is all yours!